These Crunchy Peanut Fudge Bars remind me of going to a baseball game.
Actually, I should say they remind me of what I think going to a baseball game would be like if I liked baseball and peanuts and crackerjacks were higher on the menu than nachos and beer. In truth, I’ve only been to one baseball game apart from my short lived tee-ball career and it was not my favourite.
But, I wanted to call these Ball Game Bars, because that makes it so much more summery and fun.
For many families, C’s included, baseball was a huge part of their summer.
My summers were mostly spent running in and out of the water at the beach or hiding my pale skin from the sun, watching Sailor Moon in my basement.
As an adult, I’ve graduated from Sailor Moon to Game of Thrones, but I still enjoy summer days spent inside, just relaxing.
Baking is a big part of that.
That’s where my Summer Recipe series comes in! I wanted to pick fun, festive summer recipes that remind my readers and fellow bakers of fun in the sun.
These Crunchy Peanut Fudge Bars are the best summer treat because you don’t need to fire up your oven to make them. This is a no bake, super simple treat. Once they’re done, pop them in the fridge and store them there until ready to eat.
What I like about them is the addition of graham crumbs helps firm up the bars. They don’t melt into a puddle when you take them out of the fridge.
Of course, they don’t last long once they’re ready to eat!
Happy summer, lovelies!
Crunchy peanut fudge bars
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup peanut butter (plus an additional two tablespoons for the topping)
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tsp salt (plus some for sprinkling)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, graham crumbs, peanut butter, icing sugar, chopped peanuts and salt. Mix until fully combined. Press into a 9 x 13 baking pan lined with parchment and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a glass, microwave safe bowl, add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and your chocolate chips. Melt on 30 second intervals until completely liquid, with no lumps.
- Pour evenly over the top of your cooled bars and sprinkle with a few small handfuls of peanuts and a dash of sea salt.
- Cut and serve! These will keep well in the fridge for up to seven days in a tightly sealed container.