I am a cookie monster.
This is clearly my kind of cookie.
These Soft Monster Cookies are crammed full of M&M candies, chocolate chips and oats, with peanut butter swirled throughout the batter. They are not crispy and they don’t fall apart. They are just pure, pillowy perfection.
I might be a little bit obsessed.
I’m also SO excited to get back into recipe videos. I haven’t done them in a long time, largely because I don’t have a great set up. Unlike the food bloggers whose videos you see ALL the time (or Tasty or Tastemade or Delish or Sweeten), I am not a professional. I do not have time to practice recipes over and over and, I certainly don’t have the extra dough (I mean this in the money and the cookie sense) laying around to film and refilm recipes.
For me, it’s one try or better luck next time!
I decided to dive back into recipe videos after seeing some advice from a blogger on YouTube who films her cooking videos with a selfie stick. This video was made using:
- This selfie stick – it’s great! So easy to use and so affordable. (This is an affiliate link, if you buy this product, Amazon gives me money. Money helps me do my blog. If you want this selfie stick, buy it through this link)
- A piece of hockey tape (to hold the selfie stick in place)
- A box to stack the selfie stick on
- An iPhone 6S
- iMovie to edit
It was SO easy to do and I had a fun little Saturday puttering around the kitchen, eating leftover M&Ms, and configuring my setup. I got so excited, I edited my video and wrote this right away.
Seriously, I think the cookies might still be warm if anyone wants to bring some milk over?
I think this is one of the best recipes to make and share for something like a picnic or a camping trip! They travel well and they keep for up to a week if you store them in the right container. You could even stack them up in a wide-mouth mason jar, tie it up with some rainbow ribbon and give these as a hostess gift!
If you don’t have M&Ms on hand, use whatever awesome chocolate candy strikes your fancy! I bet these would be phenomenal with some chopped up Rolos or Snickers Bars. Mmmmm!
Get creative! Go big! Go home! Eat cookies!
That’s what being a cookie monster is all about.
Happy snacking, darlings! xx
Soft Monster Cookies
Makes 3 Dozen
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and peanut butter. Mix until creamy.
- Add half of your flour, mix until just blended. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Fold in oats, chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Scoop around two to three tablespoons of batter per cookie. Press slightly on the pan to make the cookies spread out. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will not look done, but should have a slight golden colour on the bottom.
- Set aside to cool. Store in a tight container at room temperature for up to a week!